segunda-feira, 10 de novembro de 2008

Personal Mixtapes#6


by SEBASTIEN TELLIER. Interview from Drownedinsound.

Tay Zonday - ‘Chocolate Rain’ (MySpace); (YouTube) Maybe everyone knows this already but it's new to me. Lucky Number showed me a link that mixed ‘Sexual Sportswear’ with this - it's called ‘Sexual Chocolate Rain’. It's also on YouTube.

George Michael - ‘I Want Your Sex’ (MySpace); (YouTube) A big inspiration for my album, Sexuality. It evokes the heat of the night, which is the same feeling I aimed for.

Wendy Carlos - Clockwork Orange OST (MySpace); (YouTube) I am not selecting a particular song, but the entire soundtrack. The compositions are completely wonderful.

SebastiAn - ‘Walkman’ (MySpace); (YouTube) A good friend and fantastic producer. He remixed ‘Sexual Sportswear’ for me.

Various - Steak OST (MySpace); (YouTube) Oizo, SebastiAn and my good self. Am very proud of this soundtrack.

Lucio Battisti - ‘Ancora Tu’ (MySpace); (YouTube Lucio Battisti is a great Italian singer, very popular in Italia. This is a very beautiful song about a woman, and he can't forget her.

Kavinsky - ‘Testarossa Autodrive’ (MySpace; (YouTube) Signed to my French label, Record Makers. Beautiful sound.

Zapp - ‘It Doesn’t Really Matter’ (MySpace); (YouTube) The Troutman brothers, very inspiring to me and obviously a lot of West Coast Rap.

Justin Timberlake - ‘Cry Me A River’ (MySpace); (YouTube) Again, very warm, emotive sound - fantastic production, just great.

Paul Williams - ‘Phantom of Paradise OST’ (MySpace); (YouTube) Another soundtrack. It's the perfect mix of rebel music and popular song.

Sem comentários: