quinta-feira, 12 de março de 2009

L.E.S artistes#70

CHARLES HARPER

Charles Harper's wildlife art is created without the fuss and feathers. Minimal realism, he calls it, "I don't try to put everything in, I try to leave everything out". he explains, adding impishly, "I never count the feathers in the wings; I just count the wings."
Charles asks the people who enjoy his art to "remember that I didn't start out to paint a bird - the bird already existed. I started out to paint a picture of a bird, a picture which didn't exist before I came along, a picture which gives me a chance to share with you my thoughts about the bird. Once you accept this seemingly simplistic but really quite profound premise, you will aprreciate the many varied approaches to the making of pictures, all of which start where realism leaves off, but all of which require an understanding of realism for their successful execution."
Frame House Gallery excerpt, 1977

Cincinnati wildlife artist Charley Harper passed away on Sunday, June 10, 2007.








































Link: charley harper prints.

Sem comentários: